Thursday 3 December 2009

Dress for the occasion

One of my best friends is a talented artist, I've sat for her on so many occasions her fellow artists call me "The Body". It's the launch of her exhibition at our award-winning town centre gallery this evening and I wanted to showcase the spectacular bag she made me for my birthday last year.
I dug out a vintage satin curtain found at a jumble sale thinking the colour toned with the turquoise bag. Placing a well-fitting shift dress on top of the fabric and I cut around the edge leaving a 1inch seam allowance. The edges were zig-zagged to prevent fraying and both sides sewn together. What do you know? In a couple of hours I ended up with a half-way decent dress. I've got some pale grey opaque tights with a silver sheen which should look good with it.


With the dress I've chosen to wear my favourite Dune "Zinc" shoes, bought from my local market for £7.
The Urban Outfitters necklace linked the fringing on the shoes. This was a recent 50p car boot sale buy. The price on the label was £28.

 I wonder if she'll recognise the fabric? I made my lounge cushions from the other curtain!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to look even more incredible than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tones of green. Green is my all time favourite colour, I just love it.

    The dress is so beautiful. Can't wait to see you wearing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in this post. And I love that dress, soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments! The dress was admired by quite a few peopel last night. It was great to be able to say that I'd made it myself.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix